Hi, I'm Vicki Tidwell Palmer. I am the best-selling author of Moving Beyond Betrayal: The 5-Step Boundary Solution for Betrayed Partners, host of the Beyond Bitchy Podcast, blogger, and workshop presenter.
My mission is to provide every betrayed partner the knowledge, expert information, tools, and skills to survive relational trauma and reclaim clarity, power, and connection.
My award-winning blog, Survival Strategies for Betrayed Partners, gives expert advice and guidance for partners impacted by chronic infidelity or a spouse's addiction.
I host an international online membership community for betrayed partners, offer online courses and in-person intensives several times a year for resolving family of origin trauma. I facilitate four psychotherapy groups, and speak at national conferences and other events.
I specialize in teaching women the skills of good boundary work (self-care), so that they can experience greater freedom and empowerment in every area of their life. This transformative work happens in my international online community, courses, podcast, and my 4-day family of origin intensive, Reclaiming Wholeness.
Successful treks in the wilderness or epic climbs to the tops of mountains almost always require an experienced guide. In times of crisis and transition, it can feel like you’ve lost your way or you're fumbling around in the dark. Having a guide can make the difference between aimless, time-wasting wandering and reaching your goal.
I've walked the talk . . .
Like you, I've traveled my own journey of healing and recovery. This year (2019), I celebrate 31 years of sobriety.
Take the next step . . .
If you're interested in working with me, click here.
Vicki's Professional Bio
Vicki received her certification as a sex addiction therapist (CSAT) from the International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals under the direction of Patrick Carnes, a pioneer in the field of sexual addiction recovery. She was certified as a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (SEP) by the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute.
She has trained with several leading relationship and trauma experts including Drs. John & Julie Gottman, Terry Real, and Sue Johnson, as well as renowned meditation teachers including Ram Dass, The Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh, and Roshi Joan Halifax.
Vicki has presented at national conferences, for The Meadows Lecture Series, 12-step communities, as well as professional, healthcare, and faith-based organizations on a variety of topics including boundaries, relational trauma, and mindfulness.
Professional Licenses, Certifications & Trainings:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (SEP)
- Post Induction Therapy (200+ hours of training with Pia Mellody — Family of Origin Trauma Model [Survivors I & II] and Couples Boundary Work)
- Level 1 Relational Life Therapy (Terry Real couples therapy model)
- Level 1 Gottman Method Training (couples therapy)
- American Association of Sexuality Counselors, Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Healing Trauma Network
- Houston Group Psychotherapy Society
- International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals
- National Association of Social Workers
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
- Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute
For media inquires, visit Vicki's media page here.