Hi, I’m Vicki Tidwell Palmer. I am the author of Moving Beyond Betrayal: The 5-Step Boundary Solution for Partners of Sex Addicts, blogger, workshop presenter, and psychotherapist in private practice.
My blog, Survival Strategies for Partners of Sex Addicts, gives expert advice and guidance for partners impacted by sex addiction and intimate partner betrayal. I’m also a guest blogger for The Huffington Post.
I host an international online community for partners of sex addicts, offer online courses for partners of sex addicts, as well as in-person intensives and workshops throughout the year for resolving family of origin trauma and learning personal and couples’ boundaries. I facilitate five psychotherapy groups, and speak at national conferences and other events.
My mission is to help you move beyond the painful experiences of the past, so that you can step into a life of clarity, power, and connection.
Successful treks in the wilderness or epic climbs to the tops of mountains almost always require an experienced guide. In times of crisis and transition, it can feel like you’ve lost your way or you’re fumbling around in the dark. Having a guide can make the difference between aimless, time-wasting wandering and reaching your goal.
I’ve walked the talk . . .
Like you, I’ve traveled my own journey of healing and recovery. This year (2017), I celebrate 29 years of sobriety.
Take the next step . . .
If you’re interested in working with me, click here.
Vicki’s Professional Bio
Vicki received her certification as a sex addiction therapist (CSAT) from the International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals under the direction of Patrick Carnes, a pioneer in the field of sexual addiction recovery. She was certified as a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (SEP) by the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute.
Vicki has trained extensively with Pia Mellody, senior clinical advisor of The Meadows, both in Pia’s family of origin trauma model (Survivors I & II) as well as couples boundary work. She has presented at national conferences, for The Meadows Lecture Series, 12-step communities, as well as professional, healthcare, and faith-based organizations on a variety of topics including boundaries, relational trauma, and mindfulness.
Professional Licenses, Certifications & Trainings:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (SEP)
- Post Induction Therapy (200+ hours of training with Pia Mellody — Family of Origin Trauma Model [Survivors I & II] and Couples Boundary Work)
- Level 1 Relational Life Therapy (Terry Real couples therapy model)
- Level 1 Gottman Method Training (couples therapy)
- American Association of Sexuality Counselors, Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Healing Trauma Network
- Houston Group Psychotherapy Society
- International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals
- National Association of Social Workers
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
- Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute
For media inquires, visit Vicki’s media page here.